Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pit Stain Prevention

SUCCESS!!!

I was very skeptical before I tried this--my husband, though perfect in almost every way, has armpit sweat that makes a huge fat man after a 10 mile run cringe.  His undershirts last maybe 8 months before they are horribly yellow and have that nasty deoderant-sheen caked on.  We've only been married for four years, so this last time when I purchased yet another set of new undershirts I decided that the carnage had to stop!  I gave this a shot and I am SHOCKED at how well it worked.  I have only applied the baby powder one time and it has been about 4 months!

Original Pin:

Tips/Thoughts:
  • I don't use bleach when I wash our whites...I maybe should, but I feel like we're hard enough on our clothes by just wearing them
  • I used Johnson & Johnson baby powder--just pure cornmeal
  • I only put the baby powder on the insides of the shirts--but I used quite a bit.
  • The baby powder will get everywhere--and it stays with your ironing board cover until you wash it.
  • My sister-in-law also has told me that you can use white Rit Dye to get rid of pit stains--I think I might try this on the "control test subject" shirt pictured below.
**No photoshop was used here...well, actually I cropped it, but that is all!**

Humm...I've really got to figure out how to get these pictures turned the right way...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment